My husband and I attend an amazing church. It is really big but the pastor is wonderful at conviction. Well, allowing God to work through him to convict. In case you are wondering about it it is called Harvest Community Church in Riverside, CA. The pastor is Greg Laurie and he has quit a testimony himself. If you live near here I strongly suggest attending! There are a lot of small groups to get involved with.
Anyway, last Sunday his sermon was on loving God, truly. I know I was ranting a lot last post about loving sinners. This sermon really brought it all together for me. He talked about a lot of things but really hit home on ways to know you love God! Trust me, I was convicted about many things. Mainly getting back to my first love. I have really not kept up with my relationship as I used to before I was married (not blaming my husband mind you). It is all on me. I really want to have that fire burning in me that was there before.
I want to share with you the list he gave. A list that you really have to hold up to the mirror to check yourself on.
If you love God…
1. You long for a personal communion with Him.
2. You will love the things He loves- the Church, His word, SINNERS.
3. Hate what He hates.
4. LOVE OTHER CHRISTIANS- He made a point to say that if you hate your fellow Christian you can NOT say you love God! Really something to think about.
5. Long for His return.
6. You will keep His commandments.
“Our actions must match our words. Stop talking about your love for God if you don’t keep His commandments.”
He also gave three words to use as you make your way back to your first love.
1. Remember! Remember what it was like to be on fire for God, to not get enough of Him and His word.
3. Repeat- read His word, pray, LOVE! SHARE!
I honestly pray that we all come back to our first love if we have lost our way. If we love God we will love like Him and be like Him in all ways!
Have a blessed week!